Ukrainian Association of International Law
Odessa holocaust museum
Fundamental Researches Support Fund
HOLOCAUST AND INTERNATIONAL LAW
International Scientific Conference
To the 70th anniversary of the adoption of the Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide, December 9, 1948
Conference Call for Papers
24-27 October 2018
The problem of preventing the crime of genocide remains topical, despite the vast experience of studying the past in the context of the Holocaust. The conference organizers focus their attention on the impact of the Holocaust on the formation of the doctrine and practice of international law on the prevention and punishment of the crime of genocide, as well as their reflection in the international legal consciousness.
Specialists in the field of international law, judges and lawyers are invited to participate in the conference.
The issue of the conference:
– Development of international law in the context of understanding the concept of the Holocaust;
– The problem of retrospective responsibility in the context of genocide crimes;
– Contemporary interpretation of the Holocaust by international lawyers;
– The Nuremberg Trial Verdicts in the theory and practice of contemporary international law;
– The evolution of the understanding of the crime of genocide in the doctrine of international law;
– The impact of the crime of genocide concept for the development of international humanitarian law;
– The problem of restitution for damage after World War II in contemporary international relations;
– The Bucharest process and its consequences.
The working language of the conference is English. The abstracts of the proposed papers (from 1000 to 1500 words) should be submitted by email email@example.com no later than 15 September 2018. Enter your name and e-mail address in the letter. Applicants should expect notification of the committee’s decision by 30 September 2018. Organizers have limited resources to support travel-grants and the decision to grant will be made by the organizing committee for each application separately.